Michael Mazzarino is a Partner in the South Florida practice of The SCA Group, LLC.
Mazzarino has extensive experience as a senior financial executive including operating, strategic, and restructuring expertise. Mazzarino has served as a Chief Financial Officer and/or an advisor to a variety of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, non-profit, restaurant, and telecommunications. Relationships and clients include lenders, investment banks, private equity groups, and operating companies.
Mazzarino is also experienced in Chapter 11 and insolvency proceedings including 363 sales as well as the interaction of the bankruptcy court, United States’ Trustee, secured and unsecured creditors’ committees, suppliers, government agencies, employees, and other interested parties. He has managed informal restructure proceedings resulting in less expensive and very often successful results for clients.
Mazzarino’s experience includes integrating ERP’s, conducting due diligence for both buyers and sellers of prospective businesses as well as structuring sales and acquisitions, raising capital in the private and public markets, and other skills that augment the capabilities of his clients’ C-suite.
Engaged by both private and publicly held businesses, his expertise includes cash management, banking, credit management, accounting, human resources, corporate finance, leasing, real estate, environmental matters, insurance, financial reporting, and a variety of other disciplines essential to the success of every business.
Mazzarino hold a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Wagner College and a Masters in Business Administration in Finance from Seton Hall University.
- Chief Restructuring Advisor- $500 million healthcare provider holding company consisting of fourteen long term acute care hospitals (LTACHs) and three short term general acute care hospitals (STACHS)
- Engagement Partner- Provide financial and restructure advice to a $20 million home healthcare company to create liquidity and new financing
- Chief Financial Officer- $300 million privately owned pulp and paper manufacturer
- Engagement Partner- Integration of accounting systems of a $300 million revenue distributor into the $15 billion revenue acquirer
- Engagement partner- Conducted due diligence and structured the acquisition terms of a supplier to a $40 million revenue acquirer
- Chief Financial Officer and Restructuring Advisor- $150 million publicly traded restaurant
- Engagement partner- Conduct an assessment of a $300 million air cargo company for its private equity owner
- Restructuring Advisor- $700 million privately owned distributor of fine paper
- Restructuring Advisor and Chief Financial Officer- $60 million manufacturer of pultruded fiberglass products
- Engagement Partner- Advise a $60 million processor and distributor of frozen foods