Mr. Litowitz is a founding partner of The SCA Group, LLC. His vast experience includes over 35 years focusing on entrepreneurial and middle-market companies in a broad range of businesses. He has worked in venture capital, venture capital backed companies, turnaround situations and companies with many multiple locations. Additionally, he has participated or led 11 IPO transactions. His clients include several venture backed companies. Additionally, he has been the CFO of 3 public companies ranging in size from $25mm to $350mm, implementing Sarbox programs, and interacting with institutional investors on road shows and investor calls as well as being the CFO of a major Private Equity firm participating in many different financing rounds of all types.
- CFO of 4 rapidly growing high tech companies. While CFO of Boca Raton based Campus Management, he developed financing strategy that enabled annual growth of 40%; several achieved rates of growth in excess of 40% annually. As the CFO of the largest software company dealing in the for profit higher education space, he became an expert in managing higher educational institutions as well as developing a specific knowledge in federal regulations surrounding higher education institutions.
- Strong U.S. GAAP skills and SEC knowledge. Was formerly a technical manager with the AICPA the leading CPA association.
- CFO of 3 public companies. Additionally, managed the financing of 11 companies through an IPO.
- Brought sound financial management and fiscal controls to companies. As CEO of a large manufacturer, he was able to identify and correct areas of weakness and turned a company around from significant losses to a break even in 3 months.
- Implemented dashboard technologies to several companies in order to bring instantaneous visibility to revenue and earnings including a $300M distribution company, a $550M healthcare provider and a $100M software company.
- Participated in many investor calls as the CFO of SilverStar and Mayors. Participated in road shows leading to capital raise exceeding $100M . Interacted with the SEC on questions and comments.
- Extremely knowledgeable on various rules for software revenue recognition as well as capitalization and expense of software costs.
- CFO of several companies with large diverse international operations including Mayors, a $350M company, and Point Blank, a $400M company.
Prior to forming The SCA Group, Mr. Litowitz spent 11 years with Tatum. Additionally he was the founder and served as Senior Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer of Master Collision Repair, Inc., a network of auto repair facilities in Florida. He raised $35 million in capital, hired all senior management and completed 11 acquisitions, developing the company into the leading firm in Florida. As a result of his leadership, the company was sold to a strategic investor.
He was the Chief Financial Officer for Galen Partners, a leading venture capital firm with over $400 million under management, specializing in healthcare businesses, including high tech enterprises. These included voice recognition technology, specialized data information and high tech infusion system companies. Total revenue of the portfolio companies was over $800 million. While at Galen he was a member of numerous boards of portfolio companies of which three were taken public. He was the first employee and he structured the firm’s due diligence as well as its reporting and accounting policies. Litowitz’s responsibilities included acting as mentor and leader to portfolio Chief Financial Officers and was a liaison to many of Galen’s investors. Galen had compounded annual returns of over 30 percent while he was there. Litowitz holds a Bachelors of Science in Accounting degree from Brooklyn College as well as a Master of Business Administration degree from New York University.